(1) Security - Legal
The following aspects create a legal framework in which the security of your data is also ensured from a legal perspective at all times:
- CAYA's business model is to provide services to our clients. We do not generate revenue by passing on or even selling data.
- There are legally secure and legally compliant contractual relationships with all subcontractors involved in the service.
- In addition to the TÜV (Technischer Überwachungsverein for Technical, Supervisory Association) - certified data protection officer Sebastian Herting, CAYA is also advised by Cornelius Kopke, one of the leading lawyers for data protection and former long-standing divisional director of BITKOM.
- Our employees are continuously informed about the latest data protection regulations and trained accordingly.
- Our employees are, of course, required to maintain confidentiality under the General Data Protection Regulation. A breach of this confidentiality is punishable by law in the EU.
(2) Security - Digital
The following aspects ensure the permanent protection of your personal information:
- CAYA only uses storage systems in Germany to store your documents. For this purpose, we use the structure of a data centre located in the Frankfurt banking area. Modernity and security are thus guaranteed.
- From a technical point of view, the infrastructure on which the data centre is based meets the very highest standards and uses only the latest technologies for data encryption (e.g. 256-bit AES encryption), which have already been successfully tested in other security-relevant sectors.
- Access to your data requires special authorisation; arbitrary access by our staff is therefore also excluded from a purely technical point of view. Your files are also comprehensively protected from unauthorised external access attempts, or from other possible sources of error.
- In addition, your digital documents are protected against loss by continuous backups. At least three redundant backups are available at all times. Data loss is therefore impossible.
If you have any further questions about data protection and security at CAYA, please feel free to contact us at any time (> Contact Customer Service).